INNOVATION IS THE FOUNDATION OF KHIMOD
The technology used by KHIMOD has been developed for over 10 years to satisfy the highly demanding requirements of ITER (ITER being a major international scientific instrument dedicated to controlled fusion). More specifically the benefits are related to:
- Thermal management (ITER: from a few K to 150 000 000 K)
- Mechanical constraints management
KHIMOD’s Heat Exchanger-Reactor benefits from a cutting-edge diffusion bonding process allowing to produce cost-effective, high-performing and compact components.
ADVANTAGES OF KHIMOD INNOVATION
KHIMOD's core component paves the way to improved homogeneous and heterogeneous catalytic reactions. The main benefits are:
- Ability to handle demanding exothermic or endothermic chemical reactions
- Enhanced controllability of temperature-sensitive reactions
- Optimized residence time of réactants, avoiding unwanted by-products
- Maximum efficiency obtained even with small volumes
- Unlimited scalability
- Quick On&Off
- Built-in safety conditions
- Cost and energy efficient process
Processes using KHIMOD's technology are able to produce valuable chemical molecules with higher global efficiency:
- Better logistics with optimization of materials and energy flows
- Less catalyst consumption
- Better energy management
BASIS OF THE KHIMOD HEAT EXCHANGER-REACTOR'S PERFORMANCE
KHIMOD's innovative Heat Exchanger-Reactor manufacturing technology is based on diffusion bonding.
- This innovative process allows for the optimal assemblage of elementary plates engraved with micro channels for both reactant flow and thermal management.
- The KHIMOD Heat Exchanger-Reactor's unique design allows for a a high density of surface channels per volume of component: several thousand m2 of channels per m3 of component.
- KHIMOD's Heat Exchanger-Reactors are highly compact & efficient.
The major benefit of diffusion bonding lies in the mechanically and thermally enhanced assembly joints that work at the same performance level as those of native assembled material. There is no mechanical or thermal discontinuity in the finished components. This leads to a high thermal performance and a very safe component even at high pressure/temperature operating conditions.
KHIMOD's manufacturing process allows for limitless fine-tuning of the ratio between reactive channels and thermal control channels according to heat exchanges resulting from catalytic reactions.