Most of the chemicals made for the fine or specialty chemical industry are made in batch.
Flow chemistry is the solution to optimize production for fine and specialty chemical industry.
Is the chemical reaction very exothermic or endothermic with a risk on safety or product quality?
Flow chemistry enables to manage safely very exothermic reactions thanks to an outstanding thermal exchange
Do you face an issue with yield, selectivity or purification in batch process?
Flow chemistry can be a solution when impurities or low yield are coming from a weak control of the temperature or reaction time
Will the chemical reaction generate precipitates?
Challenging but KHIMOD can be the solution, with our patented technology coupling our reactor and ultrasounds
Do you need to use some gas such as H2, O2, NH3, HF, Phosgene or Phosphine?
Handling gases, specially at high pressure, is challenging in batch but can be performed safely in flow
Does your reaction involve hazardous intermediates?
Flow chemistry enables to handle very hazardous intermediates safely by reducing the reactive volume
Is the reaction too slow and speed can be boosted at higher temperature or pressure?
By using flow chemistry and process intensification approach, reaction time can be dramatically reduced
Is the reaction very slow, even at high temperature or pressure?
- Shorter time-to-market enabled by a seamless process scale-up
- Ability to generate samples representative of the full-scale production
- Precise control of the temperature even for extreme exothermic or endothermic reactions
- Ability to safely handle liquids or gas even at very high pressure or temperature
- Process intensification requires much smaller reaction volume than in batch process
- Opportunity to drastically reduce the use of solvents
- Much more energy efficient than batch reactors
- Precise control of the mixing & temperature, delivering higher yield and selectivity
- Option to use fixed bed catalysts
- Lower CAPEX than in batch process due to smaller reactors, utilities and safety systems
- Cost advantage even higher when high corrosion resistant metals are required
- OPEX reduction with a faster reaction by working safely at high pressure and temperature
- Ability to adjust the production CAPEX gradually, in line with demand
Large scope of alloys
- Stainless Steel, Inconel, Hastelloy, Monel, Tantalum, Zirconium…
- Making KHIMOD HERs compatible with highly corrosive reagents
Outstanding heat exchange capacity
- Very dense network of thermic regulation channels
- Heat exchange capacity from 600 to 1 600 kW/m3/K
Extreme resistance to pressure & temperature
- Standard model: up to 100 bars and 550°C
- Customized model: up to 300 bars and 800°C
High flexibility of design
- Reactive channel adjustable according to the required residence time
- Opportunity to heat or cool the reagents before the reaction
Opportunity to use fixed bed catalysts
- Wide range of catalyst beads available at our partners
- Option to use catalytic static mixers
Configuration can be easily modified by changing the end caps
Opportunity to heat or cool the reagents before the reaction
Easy cleaning making it suitable for a multi-purpose workshop
Reactive channel length adjusted to the required residence time
A range of reactors addressing the need of the chemical industry for process intensification.
Identical design, from lab to full industrial scale, enabling a seamless scale-up.
Channel diameter and length: 6 mm and 30 cm.
From 12 to 784 reactive channels.